HOP™ Hearts of Palm Spaghetti with Meatballs
- 1 can of HOP Hearts of Palm Pasta
- 1 pack of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 chopped onion
- half a pack of chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 celery stick
- Add ground beef to large bowl. Whisk the egg and add to the bowl, along with the spices, breadcrumbs, onion and parsley. Mix together and then form into balls.
- In medium frying pan, add oil and fry each meatball on medium to high heat, until dark brown - don't overfly them - cut one open to make sure the inside is still a little uncooked. After frying, place onto tray with napkins to drain out oil. Empty the excess oil from the pan and keep the pan for later.
- Take a new medium pot, fill with the tomato sauce, oregano, salt, pepper and celery. Mix together and heat up on the stove for about 2 minutes. Add meatballs and let them cook in the sauce for about 20 minutes.
- Cut open one meatball to make sure it's now cooked inside. If not, continue to cook in the sauce until fully cooked.
- Drain and rinse HOP, and fry on the pan used for the meatballs. Serve on a plate with meatballs and sauce, and enjoy!