HOP™ Shrimp Fra Diavolo
- 1 can HOP, rinsed and drained
- 1 (300g) bag shrimp, thawed with shells removed
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like super spicy!)
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat a cast iron pan to medium-high and add avocado oil.
- Dry shrimp well with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear shrimp in the hot cast iron pan for 1 minute. Then, flip and sear the other side until opaque and firm. Reserve shrimp in a bowl.
- To the same pan, add onion and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute then deglaze with white wine.
- Allow wine to reduce by half and add tomato passata, red pepper flakes, and HOP and reserved shrimp. Simmer for several minutes, gently stirring to cover everything with sauce.
- Garnish with parsley, serve, and enjoy!